We are approaching completion of the first stage of the Halcyon development at Kiteroa Place on the Cashmere Hills. This is the latest in a long line of developments on the hill where Fox & Associates have assisted and we find that these projects always present interesting challenges.
This project has proved to be particularly complex – we have encountered a number of complicated issues that we have never seen before on just one site:
- Adverse subgrade conditions (soft soils, hard rock, soft rock and groundwater)
- Steep slopes
- Two titles and separate owners
- A narrow single point of access
- Existing services including connections to existing dwellings and an underground high voltage cable
- Requirement for retaining walls
- No sewer outfall
- A tongue of rural zoning through the middle of the site
- Existing occupied dwellings on site
Working with the developers, the site contractors and Council (CCC and ECan) we have been able to work through these challenges – you can find out more about how some of these were overcome by clicking here.
We are particularly pleased with the results and we believe that the development is a credit to all of those involved.