Skip to content

Project: Redmund Spur

This survey enabled the transformation of the lower Port Hills slopes of Redmund Spur into a highly desirable mix of residential housing typology.

The Challenge

The developer of Redmund Spur wanted to create an exclusive hillside residential development that combined an attractive rural outlook with all the advantages of city living.

Turning this blank canvas of land into a functional space for families to live required creative planning and expert land development.

After a review of the Christchurch City Plan, and specifically the Independent Hearing Panel Process, we were provided with a golden opportunity to produce innovative development proposals.

Our Expertise

Services provided included UAV aerial surveying, land surveying, planning and engineering consulting.

The Solution

To maximise the exclusive and bespoke appeal of Redmund Spur, we designed a subdivision plan with sites ranging in size, with 30% of the sites being 1500m2 or larger, and the other 70% between 650 and 1500m2.

Unique to this development, townhouse development of 3-5 units are to be pepper-potted across the Spur, while a 3000m2 commercial site will act as a focal point and a place to greet, meet and eat.

The Result

As a result of our submissions, innovative subdivision and engineering consultancy work, a new site specific Residential Hills Mixed Density zone (RHMD) was created, enabling us to create 400 building sites on Redmund Spur.

To learn more about the project, read our blog Legacy Series: Redmund Spur.

Discover what we can do for you. Contact us for your free initial consultation and feasibility assessment.

Contact Details

Email :

Phone : 0800 369 787 (0800 FOXSURVEY)
+64 3 903 2770

Postal Address:
PO Box 895
Christchurch 8140
New Zealand

Office Locations

Christchurch Office:

195 Peterborough Street
Christchurch 8013

Ashburton Office:

AON House, 2 Queens Drive
Allenton, Ashburton 7700

Scroll To Top